Tuesday, December 2, 2008

appetite stimulus

Nov. 17-21, Chicago hosted it's first Appetite Stimulus Plan (think NYC restaurant week) where you can have a great three-course meal at some of the best restaurants for a bargain price. All of the dinners were $35 and the lunches were $25. So being the aspiring foodie that I am and loving to find a great deal, I made reservations.

Dinner: Aigredoux
I know I tend to say this a lot, but this was one of the better dining experiences I've had in Chicago. The ambiance was beautiful - the decor was smart and very minimalist. The food was amazing. We split right down the tasting menu so we could try all the menu items and the veggie bruschetta and flan (I know, I said it, flan) were amazing. HIGHLY recommended! A tad pricey, but worth it.


Lunch: Fulton's On The River
Went here with some co-workers and were pleasantly surprised... and stuffed. The three courses were huge but all equally delicious. Highlights included the Cashew Crusted Tilapia with Vanilla-Rum Butter and the Key Lime Pie. The food is reasonably priced so I'm not sure the prix fixe was an amazingly good deal, but still a great spot. Definitely a good idea for anyone looking for a long lunch in the loop!


No comments: