Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Bar - Bar Crawl

I owe this idea to my wonderful roomies! Last Saturday night we had no plans and decided to go out and explore some new spots in our wonderful neighborhood Bucktown. First stop People, a Spanish tapas restaurant on Milwaukee. The interior is decorated in a modern Spanish style, and the entire front of the restaurant has long wooden lunchroom-type tables. They had an interesting selection of beers, wonderful Sangria, and the menu left us salivating. Will definitely be going back for food sometime soon.

The next stop was just a little walk South on Milwaukee: The Crocodile Lounge. Despite the fact they ran a little too far with the theme (all green interior, crocodile print lights, etc.), we really enjoyed the crowd and the vibe. STEAL ALERT: You get a free small pizza (that is actually very good) with any drink order over $5! There is more of a club-y club in the basement, but the ground floor is a really cool bar. Not to mention I had a rare CELEB SIGHTING! Anyone that isn't into Top Chef won't appreciate this, but Steph Izard, the winner of Season 4, was sitting at the bar with a friend. To top it off, when I yelled at my roommate Steph to close my tab, Top Chef Steph turned around and looked at me like I was a crazy person. So some might consider us friends now... moving on...

Last stop was Rodan. I know it's been around for a while, but this was my first (and definitely not last) time there. For a Saturday night, it wasn't too crowded but there was still a pretty good dance party going on in the back. Fun music and good drinks - Lychee & Champagne. Enough said.

No comments: