Monday, January 26, 2009

T-Minus 47 days until St. Pat's!

I understand this post is a little premature, but we're only a little over a month out from one of Chicago's most popular celebrations: St. Patrick's Day. St. Patrick's Day is on Thursday, March 17, but the parades have been scheduled for the Saturday prior... including the dying of the river! (Great pics of the process) I'll post local bar specials and parties soon, but for now feel free to brush up on your green egg making skills. (Thanks for that one, Kristin!)
Celebrating with my college gals in 2008. I can't wait for them to come back again, with some new additions! I vow that this year will involve even more green.. if that is possible.
---
My favorite quote that you'll hear from at least a dozen people about our not-so-beautiful Chicago River, "If they can dye the river green, why don't they just dye it blue the rest of the time?" Seriously people.

2 comments:

kmmueller222 said...

yay! I made the blog... and i think you should include a picture of our homemade green river :)

Chi Town Savvy said...

I actually don't think I have a photo of the bathtub.. we'll recreate again this year!