Friday, April 24, 2009

Crazy for Pops

So for most Chicagoans, this is coming extremely late. And as a serious champagne lover, I have no idea why it took me so long to go to Pops for Champagne. But anyways, I finally made my way over there for a birthday cocktail with a few of my favorite ladies and it was clear after our second bottle, we would all be coming back. We ordered a bottle of one of my absolute favorites (AND it's affordable!), Mumm Napa, and headed for the apps, which to our surprise were 37% off from 3:00pm-7:00pm! Sadly, I'll probably only order food at Pops when it's 37% off because the proportions are very tiny (we are talking the smallest slivers of cheese ever) but at least it all tasted good. Our second bottle was something of the Spanish variety and was forgettable, but all in all, Pops for Champagne was the perfect after-work escape. I highly recommend grabbing some girls and heading over there... just don't order food after 7.

No comments: