Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New life at New Line

New Line Tavern is a new restaurant/bar in the West Loop that took over the former Powerhouse restaurant at Clinton and Lake. (No website yet, but this will do for now) Same layout, but they've spruced it up a bit and took the menu from fancy seafood/steakhouse to dependably delicious bar food. I've been there a few times since it opened and can successfully say it has made it to my happy hour arsenal. Every time I've been there the staff has been attentive, drinks are well made and the food is a little inventive, but still maintains the qualities of the bar food everyone loves.

Today I had the BBQ Black Bean Burger which had a great consistency as far as veggie burgers go and was perfection when paired with the pretzel bun. They were very accommodating about altering the items too which I really appreciate, so instead of fried I had hummus and pita. Although I did regret not upgrading to the New Line Fries which were deliciously sprinkled with asiago cheese.

Best part of all, this place is very affordable. Our big burgers with sides and a drink came out to $12 each. A great lunch or after work option. Just be careful after work - it's a small space so it fills up very quickly.

No comments: