Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Favorite New Find: Duchamp

Duchamp in Bucktown opened in October 2008 and I am completely upset that I am only now discovering this delicious spot in my own hood. Not to mention, the restaurant was very empty when we were there, so encouraging everyone to stop by so this place can stick around. You won't be disappointed. The menu is eclectic and refreshing – fun takes and interesting combinations. The portions were perfect. Not a fan of giant diner food, but hate what my father lovingly refers to as, “Elf food.” Duchamp nailed it. We started with a cheese tray and the seared sea scallops. I think I’ve eaten more scallops this year than ever in my life and these were near the top. The table loved the ‘Steak & Eggs’ – a grilled skirt steak with bacon/parmesan quiche. The skate wing ‘Fish & Chips’ and Amish chicken with eggplant were both favorites as well. But our group couldn’t get over the simple, yet spectacular dessert. After all the lengthy titles, the menu simple reads ‘Cupcakes and Ice Cream Sandwiches.” Perfectly cooked little chocolate cupcakes and vanilla ice cream between two homemade chocolate chip cookies.

Delightful. All of it.


Dim shot of the interior but you can make out the long, communal tables and lucite chairs. Less is more folks.


Where you can find me once the weather warms up. Seriously, what a deck!


Until then... I'll stick to these.